[Federated-fs] Plan and schedule for the next few months

Ellard, Daniel Daniel.Ellard at netapp.com
Wed Aug 15 07:15:45 PDT 2007

Here's the tentative plan and schedule for the "federated-fs" drafts for
the next few months, leading up to the next meeting of the IETF NFSv4
WG.  Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

If you're interested in participating in the conference calls, please
note that the schedule has been bumped one week (to avoid some holidays
and other conflicts).

The most important aspect of the plan is that I'm assuming that the
requirements doc is essentially done, except for wordsmithing and fine
tuning.  Therefore, it's time to start working on the next step --
drafting a protocol that statisfies the requirements.  Renu Tewari is
taking the lead on preparing a spec, based on Glamour, and should have a
preliminary draft prepared in time to discuss at the next conference
call.

The tentative schedule, assuming we don't hit any bumps in the road:

8/27 - Federated-fs conf call
9/6 - Federated-fs conf call
9/24 - Federated-fs conf call
9/28 - MILESTONE: first "complete" protocol spec, IETF internet draft
10/8 - Federated-fs conf call
10/22 - Federated-fs conf call
10/31 - MILESTONE: second IETF internet draft

November: more discussion, fleshing out the draft, etc.  Possibly
another internet draft, if there are enough things we need to change,
but maybe hold off until the IETF meeting in Vancouver.

Early December: present draft to NFSv4 WG.

Late December: wrap-up internet draft.  Try to get it and the
requirements draft taken up as RFCs.

Thanks,
	-Dan