[Federated-fs] fedfs documents published

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Sep 26 12:03:37 PDT 2008

Greetings,

As you may have noticed, four "fedfs" drafts have been published as
NFSv4 working group documents today.

These drafts collectively describe a set of protocols that operate in
conjunction with standard NFSv4 features to create a namespace across
NFS servers.

These documents are works in progress. We look forward to receiving
additional comments on them.

There is a group of 8 or so individuals from several different
organizations that discuss these protocols on a weekly phone
conference. Anyone interested in participating in these meetings is
welcome to join us. Here is the call info:

    Time: Thursdays 1:30-2:30 PM EST/10:30-11:30 AM PST
 Dial-in: 1-888-765-3653 # 2354843

Again, we look forward to your comments and discussing these issues
within the working group.

-james

James Lentini | NetApp | 781-768-5359 | jlentini at netapp.com