[Federated-fs] FSN and filesets

Ellard, Daniel Daniel.Ellard at netapp.com
Wed Oct 3 06:57:22 PDT 2007

I agree that it's best (in the sense of "most efficient") if the
exported path doesn't contain any junctions -- and if it does contain a
junction, it only makes sense for the junction to be the last component
of the path.  However, guaranteeing this is nontrivial, and I think that
the v4 referral protocol handles either case properly, so we don't need
to worry about it for v4.  This might be a more serious problem for v3
but I haven't thought about it enough yet.

-Dan